EXCLUSIVE: ‘It’s going to be an army’: Tapes reveal GOP plan to contest elections https://t.co/BDdx8QaMpM via @politico
1. Election law experts: “unprecedented” effort to place many election deniers in authority positions.
Recordings of GOP operatives reveal an ambitious, multi-year strategy to challenge & potentially overturn votes in key states, inc. placing trained recruits as poll workers and keeping them in close contact with party attorneys.
2. RNC recruiting, placing & training (w workshops) how to contest votes. Includes “hotline” and “website” to be in real-time contact with party lawyers. (this is distinct from 'poll challengers')
3. Creates potential for chaos in Democratic precincts (in 2020 they were untrained volunteer challengers with little power) and pretext for failing to certify results, allowing GOP legislatures to step in.
4. Activists associated w the 2020 attempt to overturn the election ..
(Amistad Project, which Giuliani described as a ‘partner’) speak of attempts to involve law enforcement & create network of friendly district attorneys.
5. RNC says it’s an effort to obtain more “equal” representation among poll workers, mostly Democrats in cities like Detroit.
6. Main targets identified: Heavily Democratic precincts like Detroit, which are majority minority.
7. Law experts: Reveals breadth Bannon’s “the precinct strategy.”
8. DNC says it has never trained poll workers and certainly not to contest votes.
👉YOU CAN NOW HEAR THE TAPES ON THE @POLITICO WEBSITE IN THE STORY.